Tuesday, October 19, 2010

First Day Jitters!

August 25, 2010

I feel so old! My daughters are now in second and sixth grade. An interesting fact is they will no longer be in the same school after this year (sniff,cry)! When my oldest daughter turns sixteen, my youngest will be starting young womans (12 years old). ACK!



They were a little nervous on their first day back to school this year. My oldest got Mrs. Day, which is a combined 5th and 6th grade class... The school district had some major budget cuts obviously. By the way, my daughter was on honor roll last year so having her in the combined class had nothing to with her intelligence. She was hand picked by her 5th grade teacher who believed that she could handle staying on task and getting along with the other kids in her class. I feel bad for the teacher though because she has to prepare double material everyday! My daughter has rotations with the other sixth grade classes for science, social studies, etc. One of the biggest pros of her being combined with 5th graders is she has double amount of field trips this year! Woohoo! BONUS! She was so happy about that! As for little sister, she got Mrs. Litchford who is an amazing teacher. I like that Mrs. Litchford pushes her students to do well. I have already noticed a major improvement with her hand writing, spelling, and reading! Her husband is a professor at the University of Utah. He is so awesome because he comes in every Friday to teach the kids something special. The best part is he always brings treats! My youngest daughter adores him because he is so silly and fun!



Do you love that they HAD to buy the same black high top converse shoes? Too funny!

No comments: