Thursday, October 28, 2010

Fall Break: Cabin Weekend with the Colemans!

October 15-17 2010

We had two family functions scheduled back to back on different weekends! One weekend with the Free family and another weekend with my side of the family the Coleman clan! What a busy October for us! Since my brother Nate, my sister's family, and my family had a lot of fun during the summer at the Critchfield's cabin, we decided to do another weekend during the fall! It was absolutely beautiful due to the change of season (fall colors exploding off the trees) and we had perfect warm weather with a slight breeze all weekend long. The nights were cool but not cold enough to keep a fireplace going. Unfortunately, John was not able to to attend due to working at his new job and had some early morning Sunday meetings at church. So it was just Nate, Adam, Karen, me, my two nephews, and my two daughters.





During the day, we all had fun riding the four wheelers in the foothills! Adam brought his motorcycle. Can you believe all four kids fit on one four wheeler?



Karen took me on the back of a four wheeler. Do you love my glasses, LOL? I was wearing some motor cross riding goggles to protect my eyes from Nate and Adam's dust while riding since I forgot to bring sunglasses!



Nate was disappointed that he didn't bring his motorcycle! The four wheeler is not fast enough for him! He still had fun though!



Here is my brother-in-law Adam dirt biking! He loves his new motorcycle!



When the kids were not riding the four wheelers, they played their DS games, slap jack, and go fish.



Sometimes the kids complained during the day that they were bored since the generator was off. It's really sad how much they rely on electricity to entertain them. So we told them to dig a hole and a HUGE hole they dug, LOL! The funny thing is they had to fill the hole the next day because they dug the hole near the septic tank, ugh! Nate was afraid his foster dad would not be too happy to see that large hole near that area!







Around dusk we either sat around a warm fire, while in-doors played card games such as phase 10 with a twist or sticks, listened to music, played Nintendo or Xbox, and jammed with the guitar hero!









Since there was a big rain storm brewing in the unita mountains, we cleaned the cabin and went home around mid-afternoon on Sunday. We were dirty and smelly because of no shower for a couple days! I was so happy to be in my own bed and with my husband! We sure missed him while we were gone.

1 comment:

Trishelle said...

SOOOOOOOO Jealous!! We are missing Utah Autumn something fierce!! What a most excellent fall adventure!!