Monday, January 31, 2011

January Book Reviews

I am so proud of myself! I read three Nicholas Sparks books this past month! Each day I tried to have a healthy balance of exercising, cleaning my house, organizing my recipe book, helping my children with their homework, spending time with my family, making nutritious dinners, reading scriptures with my family, and reading some Sparks books. I am so excited to cross out three books off my New Years resolution list! Yay!

I absolutely loved these characters in this love story! They were older, wiser, been through a lot in their lives, and were able to help each other overcome their grief. I was amazed how quickly these people fell in love in a matter of days and through letters. Sparks never leaves me emotionless. I cannot help shedding tears for that couple! I need to rent  Nights in Rodanthe DVD.   I have never seen it before and glad I read the book first.



This book is definitely one of my top five favorite books of all time! I love that it is safe/clean for my 11 year old daughter to read. It is a beautiful tale about young true love. I bailed my eyes out from finally figuring out why Sparks named the book A Walk to Remember. I didn't get it when I saw the A Walk to Remember  movie and now I do after reading the last few pages of the book, duh! It was a bitter sweet story that confirms to me what true love is! After reading the book, I was extremely dissatisfied with the Hollywood version. The movie only took little pieces from the book and didn't tell the story correct! Grrrr, how frustrating! I loved the movie by itself but it didn't measure up the written pages from the book at all!



This book was slow to read in the beginning for me due to the military lingo and different character development style, which Sparks started doing in the last couple books. In the middle of the story, it finally took off for me! It was okay to be honest not one of my favorites at all from him. I did not cry reading this one due to the fact I didn't feel convinced about the couple's love for each other in the book. It wasn't Sparks typical sappy love story theme. It was more like a mild thriller and suspenseful novel for me.  It could be a okay movie since it has some action in it!

No comments: