Wednesday, September 29, 2010

A Solution to Being Bored is Chores or Crafting!

During the summer, I had to keep the girls busy. I cannot stand it when they say, "I'm bored!" When they do say that dreadful "B" word, I give them a list of chores to do around the house such as sorting laundry, doing dishes (by hand), vacuuming, and cleaning bathrooms. Eventually they learn not to say "bored" anymore.



Since I don't like the TV on all day long, I had to come up with some creative ideas to occupy the girls this summer. We went to a couple craft stores such as Robert's Craft, Hobby Lobby, and Michaels to buy some fun projects. We got some boxes (stars and squares), paints, brushes, ribbons, letters, magnets, and tons of supplies to make flower hair clips. When the girls had friends over, they enjoyed painting crafts in addition to hanging out, playing Barbies, and listening to music.

Here are some of the crafts that big sister made over the summer...







Here are little sister's summer crafts.







Here are my crafts that I did over the summer.











My oldest daughter was invited to a birthday party. We decided it would be fun to customize a couple things. We added some flower embellishments on a journal and her name. Next, we painted a small jewelry box, added a flower embellishment on top, and peace ribbon on the base. Then I made her a beautiful purple and black flower hair clip! Her friend Amy loved it very much!



We had a lot of fun painting letters, boxes, and making hair clips! Not shown, I also hot glued some magnets on some cute embellishments and wood pieces for my youngest daughter's magnet board decoration in her room.

No comments: