Thursday, September 23, 2010

35 and many more to come!

June 10, 2010

Happy 35th Birthday, John! Since my hubby is a huge fan of sour sweets and heavy cream, my daughters and I made him a special birthday treat! I found a couple recipes from Cooks.com that made the perfect combination to satisfy his cravings. We made him a tart key lime pie cheesecake!



Here are the two recipes we used from Cooks.com!

Crust

2 cups of graham cracker (crushed into crumbs)
1/2 cup of melted butter
1/3 cup of sugar

Combine all three ingredients and press firmly in a lightly greased (cooking spray) nine inch pie dish. Bake at 400 degrees for 10 minutes. Let the crust cool while you make the key lime pie cheese cake.

Key Lime Pie Cheesecake

1 8 oz. package of softened cream cheese
1 14 oz. can of sweetened condensed milk
1 12 oz. container of frozen whipped topping
1 cup fresh lime juice (about five limes)
Lime slices and mint for garnish

In a large bowl, combine the cream cheese, sweetened condensed milk and whipping topping. Stir in the lime juice until well blended and mixture is thick and smooth. Immediately pour lime filling into cool pie shell. Chill for at least two hours. Garnish with mint and fresh lime slices. Enjoy!



It was so easy to make and delicious (even the kids enjoyed it)! It is definitely one of our favorite recipes for sure!

2 comments:

Aisling said...

OMG. I am JEALOUS! That looks Delicious! (And Happy b-day, John.)

Thanks for sharing the recipe. I think i'll give it a go. MMM...it can be practice for Thanksgiving. I need to warm up on my pie making skills.

John Free Investor said...

That pie was so good, made my mouth water just reading about it again!