Wednesday, April 06, 2011

Happy 12 Year Old

The last two days have been very busy day for me.   I made an Oreo cake, prepared for my Easter activity day lesson, worked on birthday decorations for little sissy's party, made cupcakes for the activity day girls, and went to Marius' movie documentary at BYU last night.  I will blog more later on that amazing event. 


Anyway, as for my oldest daughter's birthday, I made an adorable purse card for my pre-teen and filled it with cash for her to go on a shopping spree.  She is looking forward to spending her money at the mall and savers this weekend.  We also make her a candy bar poster!  I gave her some gummy fast food, ice cream, and some eye shadow and lip gloss.  Since she is getting older, she is getting harder to shop for these days.  She loves make-up, clothes, music, jewellery, lip gloss, etc.  I recall last year she was excited to get a Barbie doll or stuffed animal.  I'm afraid those days of wanting toys are officially over now.  I don't dare to buy her any shirts or jeans without her trying things on because she is getting very picky with the trendy teenager styles.  Grrrr!  Anyway, my brother gave her cash which is definitely a safe birthday present for her since she loves shopping!!  He is a great uncle spoiling her and knows what a pre-teen girl wants!!
Candy Bar Poster



John came up with the wording and I taped it on the poster board....It said the following:  


To our Auddie, Even though life has some SOUR PATCHES, you need to know we love you!  Be TWIX growing older and TRIDENTing to become a teenager.  We hope this year POP ROCKS for you!!!  Happy Birthday Big Sister!!! 12 oh my gosh!  No boys allowed!  7th grade here she comes!


Big Sissy had a great day!  Some of her friends at school gave her some fun birthday gifts (socks, chocolate, and soar patch kids)!



On the doorstep last night, we found a birthday surprise from the 11 year old girl next door neighbor!  Inside the gift bag contained a shirt, orange flip flops, a monkey blanket, Twix candy bar, and a card with $10.00!  Wow, she felt so much love from all the many friends, neighbors, and family members that wished her a happy birthday!  



Purse Cards




Supplies

card-stock paper, digital scrapbook supplies ( I used the Blossom collection by Shabby Princess), scissors, ribbon, foam adhesive (3D Look),  paper flower embellishments, acrylic gems hot glue gun, and glue sticks. 

Directions

Fold the paper in half.  Place the shorter width end of pattern in the middle of the paper near the folded edge. Cut out the pattern with the paper.  Place the purse flap on another piece of paper and cut around it out with the pattern.  You can trace it but my paper was to thick to trace them so I just cut around the patterns carefully.  Next put foam adhesive on the back of the flap and attach it to the bottom of the purse.  As for the flower embellishment, I folded the petals in the middle to add more character to the flower. With the glue gun, glue the acrylic gem in the middle of the flower and use foam adhesive for sticking the flower on the purse. For the purse strap, I used some ribbon which I hot glued neatly inside the folded piece of the card.  Then I tied two smaller ribbons on both sides of the straps on the bottom near the purse.


Since my oldest daughter absolutely loves Oreo ice cream, I thought it would be fun to make her a double layered Oreo cake. I was inspired by Shabby Blog's Oreo Cake recipe but I did an easier method. It was delicious!


Oreo Cake




Ingredients:


One devil's Food Cake Cake Mix (18 oz) with pudding (follow directions on box)
Two 8" baking pans (grease with shortening and dust with flour)


Bake at 350 degrees for 33 minutes.  Use a knife around the edges of pan to loosen the cake.  Remove the cake carefully onto a cooling rack.  Allow the cake to cool completely before adding frosting. 


Frosting:


1 package of Oreo cookies (20 cookies) smashed
1 cool whip container


Happy 12th Birthday, Big Sister!




Make a wish, sweetheart and may all your dreams come true!






We love you and cannot imagine our lives without you! XOXOXOX

1 comment:

Aisling said...

How fun. She's officially a beehive now!