Wednesday, January 25, 2012

The Help Book and Movie Review

The Help by Kathryn Stockett
My thoughts: The Help is an incredible book definitively one of my favorite books in my top ten book list! There were a couple times when I laughed out loud while reading this story! It broke my heart how cruel some white people in the South treated the African American people in the early 1960s!  If you are a fan of the classic novel To Kill of a Mockingbird then you would enjoy The Help!  It is a witty, humorous, and well written book.  I loved all the characters in the book especially Skeeter's courage to write a book about African American experiences working as maids for white families in the South, Aibileen's precious relationship with a white child Mae Mobley, and Minny's fearless spunky personality! You would never regret reading this book!
As for The Help movie, I finally bought the DVD in December. Surprisingly, the movie measured up to the book in every way!  I thoroughly enjoyed watching the film and even my hubby liked it. If I watched it in a movie theater, I would have stood up and applauded once it started rolling the credits!  It was one of the best movies I have seen in a very long time!  I love the message from it, which we all can appreciate.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I think what you composed was very logical. But, think on this, what if you added a little information?
I ain't saying your content is not good., however what if you added a post title that grabbed a person's attention? I mean "The Help Book and Movie Review" is a little vanilla. You might look at Yahoo's home page and watch how they create article titles to get people to click. You might add a related video or a related pic or two to grab readers interested about everything've written. Just my opinion, it might make your website a little livelier.
Feel free to surf my web page ... consumer reports trucks