Friday, September 23, 2011

Past Due Labor Day Weekend Post

I had good intentions to post these Labor Day photos sooner, but never got around to it.  I have been so busy lately... My nutrition class demands a lot of time and energy from me. I am currently researching water treatment methods as well as pros and cons about bottled water. I will be doing a power point presentation in a couple weeks with a group of five other classmates.  In addition, I am trying to keep up with my nutrition assignments and reading.  On Tuesday morning September 20, 2011, I injured my knee during a workout.  It happened while I was doing a very high impact "jump training" P90X plyometrics workout. All a sudden, I heard a popping sound and then waves of pain hit me. I had sharp pain, some swelling, and stiffness in my knee with limited range of motion for a couple days. It was difficult to drive, walk, stand, sleep, and rotate my knee.  This injury was a big inconvenience for be because I had school on Tuesday and could not miss it... On Wednesday, I was able to rest all day long.  I did some mild stretching, iced it several times, wrapped it with an ace bandage, elevated it, and took some ibuprofen for pain.  To my surprise, yesterday and today I have mild pain nothing close to what it was like before.  I hope it is healing and I will continue to take it easy for the next couple days...  By the way, I am too stubborn to go to the doctor unless is it critical... I wanted to wait it out to see how it heals before wasting hundreds of dollars on a doctor who will just tell me to R.I.C.E. (I am hoping and praying it wasn't anything too serious)... I miss jogging and exercising. :( 
Cowabunga Bay 

We decided to do something really fun for labor day weekend....  We got some discount tickets to Cowabunga Bay water park in Draper, Utah. We decided to go on Saturday 11:00-3:00.  
The slides reminded me of the game mouse trap because of the many bright twirly colored water slides, water games, bridges, etc.  

There was a lazy river, wadding pool, and snack shack as well.  My youngest daughter was nervous to go down the slides by herself at first.  We had her try the baby slides by herself and eventually she worked up the confidence to go down the bigger ones without us!   
We had a total blast even though we got a little sunburned (no we did not forget to apply sunblock we just happened to miss some areas such as our faces, foreheads, shoulders, back, neck,)!!! ACK!  What a painful Saturday night sleep.


On Labor Day, we had brunch around 10:00 AM with some extended family members at a park.  It was a cool summer morning (a light jacket day).  As for the brunch menu, it included: scrambled eggs, bacon, bagels from Einstein's Bagels, cream cheese, fresh fruit, and orange juice.  My kids enjoyed playing at the park and throwing the frisbree with their cousins!  We were able to see some family members from Arizona and Idaho who were up for a baby blessing as well as family who live in Utah.  It was great to interact with them all since it has been a while since we had a large family gathering. 


What a fabulous weekend to end our summer adventures! 

No comments: